Auto Hail Damage Repair in Plano McKinney Dallas TX is the last thing anyone wants to have to do to their vehicle. Unfortunately, nature does happen and these things cannot be avoided like Hail Damage. It is good to know though that a high quality and reputable company is out there to get your car back to its best for not only less than you might think but repaired quicker than most places! There are 2 kinds of repairs one can make to their car, truck, or SUV when hail damage occurs; Conventional Repair and PDR (paintless dent repair). Each process is explained below, however it is important to note that most hail damage cases can be corrected with PDR much faster and for much less than traditional repairs saving you both time and money when done right by qualified professionals like the ones we use here at Dent Tech. Check out just a few examples below of 3 different vehicle that had some pretty major hail damage which was repaired by our 5-star service we offer! For an even more in detail of how a repair takes place, we have the full procedure in video at the bottom of the page, separated in stages. It is a pretty neat thing to see if you have never seen a dent be “erased” before with our advanced technology.
Dent Tech Auto Hail Repair has created this guide to help with the many questions you may have about hail damage repair on your vehicle. We know that any kind of damage to your vehicle is a “hassle” and we take that “hassle” out of your hands! Below is a guide that will help any questions you may have. Should you have any other questions, please call and one of our expert staff and we can help you through the process of your repairs. There is also a link below for you to download and print this information
1. Assess the damage to your vehicle
· If the damage to your vehicle is minimal, call us to set up a visual inspection to determine the amount of hail damage you have on your vehicle.
· If hail damage is obvious on your hood, roof, and trunk, it is time to file a claim.
· If hail damage is severe (holes in windshield and back glass or shattered glass) do not drive your vehicle for safety reasons! Your insurance company will pay to have your vehicle towed to our repair facility.
2. Filing your claim
· On your insurance card there is a claim hotline number. Call this number to set up your claim. I don’t advise calling your agent because agents generally don’t have a great knowledge of the claim process and can make things a lot more work than what is necessary in filing your claim. “The days of getting three estimates and taking them to your agent are over. Most insurance companies want to visually inspect all hail damage claims”
· When you call your insurance company, they will try to send you to one of their direct repair shops. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRD TO HAVE YOUR VEHICLE TO REPAIRED AT AN INSURANCE CO. DIRECT REPAIR SHOP! TEXAS STATE LAW SAYS THAT YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE YOUR CAR REPAIRED AT THE REPAIR SHOP OF YOUR CHOICE!
· Most insurance companies have CAT Teams (catastrophe teams) that they send in to help with the increased claim volume. Your claim representative will usually assign your claim to one of the CAT Adjusters and they will come to your location and inspect your vehicle.
· Once you have the insurance estimate for the damage to your vehicle, you are ready to schedule your repairs.
· While on the phone with your claims adjuster, ask if you have rental coverage on your policy. If you have rental coverage, ask them to set up a rental reservation and write down the reservation number. Ask them to email you this information as well. This will make dropping off your vehicle faster and less of a hassle.
3. Dropping off your vehicle for repairs
· Call the rental car company two days prior to dropping off your vehicle to verify they have everything set up and a car waiting for you. “This is very important when there is a large storm because rental car companies can run low on cars.”
· When you are dropping your vehicle off for repairs, all we need from you is your insurance estimate. The insurance estimate will let us know what the insurance company has allotted for and we can assess the vehicle to see if a supplement is warranted.
· If your insurance company missed or underestimated any damage, we will file a supplement for the differences. Most insurance estimates will need to be supplemented for missed damage. Your adjuster is normally looking at your vehicle outside and it is easy to overlook damage. Don’t worry about missed damage we will handle all of that for you!
4. Repair Time
“The time it takes to repair your vehicle can vary due to many circumstances”
· Supplements: When you drop off your vehicle for repairs and we assess that a supplement is needed, we file the supplement the same day in order to reduce the time for the supplement inspection. Repairs are not performed on your vehicle while waiting on the supplement inspection! Most supplements are for missed dents and exterior moldings. If we start repairs on your car before the supplement is authorized, your insurance company can deny the supplement!
· Damage: The amount of hail damage on your vehicle will determine the repair time. Not every vehicle will have the same repair time.
· Replacement Parts: It some circumstances replacement of parts is more cost effective than repairing them. We work with three different auto body shops and will send your car to the shop that can quickly repair your vehicle in a quality manner.
5. Workmanship Guarantee
· Dent Tech has a lifetime warranty on all repairs.
6. Dent Tech vs Auto Body Shop
· Paintless Dent Repair is a faster repair.
· Deductible savings!
· Expert Staff - All of our Techs are experts in Paintless Dent Repair
· Paintless dent repair retains your vehicle’s factory paint, there for there is no diminished value to your vehicle.
· We do not have monthly wait lists or longer.
· Bodyshops subcontract PDR Techs. We work with the same techs year-round.
Dent Tech is a locally owned company located in Plano and has been in the same location for over 20 years. We are trusted by many bodyshops around Frisco, McKinney, Dallas and north Texas for their auto hail repair. We strive on customer service and quality workmanship.
When it comes to getting your vehicle taken care of for Auto Hail Damage Repair in Plano McKinney Frisco Dallas TX,the first kind of places that come to mind are Body shops, collision centers and Dealership repair centers. These places typically go for the traditional repair methods when it comes to auto hail repair. When a Traditional repair is done, it can take a decent amount of time to complete due to the process of it all. The process of a traditional repair is as follows:
As you can see here, there are several steps the vehicle must go through including but not limited to repainting the vehicle with traditional bodyshop Hail Damage repair. It is recommended that if you can avoid repainting of a vehicle, that option should always be explored due to the loss of value a vehicle sustains when a repaint takes place. This is where our PDR comes into play where we are able to make most repairs without the need to repaint any part of the vehicle. What is PDR? Please see the section below for that answer!
Auto Hail Repair in Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Dallas TX. can be fixed much quicker and keep the value of your car higher when done with PDR! For a detailed description of what PDR is and how it is done, check out our Door Ding Repair in Plano McKinney Dallas TX page, that goes into great detail. But for a quick overview of what it is, essentially, we are able to do the repair without the need to repaint. Our specially trained professional technicians use cutting edge technology tools to repair the damage without the need to sand down the paint and repaint. Depending on the location of the dent, different tools and techniques are used, which we are familiar with all. since there is no need for the repaint process, you save a lot of time and are able to receive your vehicle exponentially quicker than if you were to do a traditional repair. This, added with less hours to fix your vehicle and less materials, you save money on to of that! Have an insurance claim? Not a problem! We are set up with all insurance companies to expedite your claims to yet again, get your vehicle back to you as quickly as possible with a high quality repair. Want more information or would you like to schedule a visit? Click the “Schedule Appointment Here” button you see on the screen at any time to go to the contact us page. Let us know in the comments what day is best for you and we will contact you shortly to confirm and go over the damage in order to best serve you. This way, you will get a customized visit tailored to your needs so we can get your vehicle in and out as quickly as possible and save you money too!
The videos below you will see the process in which hail damage repair in McKinney Plano Dallas TX taking place. It is a pretty interesting process to watch and amazing once you see the dent actually disappear. There are actually a few points where the dent looks to be fixed, but we keep working, and that is because we don’t stop until it is 100% perfect. if there is any imperfection in the repair, it isn't a complete repair and would be unacceptable to us and you. So, even though it may look done in some places, it was not so we continued to work until it was. If you have any questions about the process or what we are doing in the videos, we would like you to contact us and ask! We do not want there to be any confusion on how we fix your vehicle and want you to understand the process so that you know your Auto Hail Repair in Frisco Plano McKinney Dallas TX is being done by the right company you can trust to take care of your vehicle with the same care we would our own vehicles.
Auto Hail Repair 1
Auto Hail Repair 2
Auto Hail Repair 5
Auto Hail Repair 6
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours or you can drop us a line here and we will get back to you shortly.
4006 W Plano Pkwy #230, Plano, TX 75093
8:00 am – 5:00 pm